Tips for Cleaning and Maintaining Guttersc
* Inspect your gutters and downspouts in late spring and fall. Clear away debris – typically leaves and twigs. Inspect your gutters for holes or sagging sections. As you hose down the gutters, check for dripping.
* Be sure your gutters slant to their downspouts. Bolster sagging sections and be sure hangers are firmly attached to the gutters. To repair a sag, you may need to attach a new hanger.
* Leaking at the seams is a common complaint for gutters. Either recrimp or apply adhesive and patch.
* If you live under tall deciduous trees, consider installing leaf guards to your gutters. These screens will keep leaves from clogging your gutters and allow water to freely flow into downspouts and off your roof.
* Finally, be sure to position splashguards to direct water well away from your house’s foundation. Be sure you set them atop a layer of sand or gravel.